FDA Releases Guidance Documents to help Importers and Food Producers meet new FSMA Standards
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Recently, FDA issued five guidance documents to help importers and food producers meet key food safety provisions mandated by FSMA. Together, these draft guidance documents and the Small Entity Compliance Guide provide a foundation of support for importers and food producers working to ensure that their suppliers are in compliance with the applicable food safety standards.
The guidance documents include:
· A draft guidance on Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) rule
· A Small Entity Compliance Guide on the FSVP rule
· A draft guidance on the term “Same Level of Public Health Protection” used in both the FSVP and Produce Safety regulations
· Chapter 15 of the draft Preventive Controls for Human Food guidance regarding Supply-Chain requirements
· Enforcement Discretion guidance regarding the application of FSVP to certain importers of grain raw agricultural commodities (RACs)
All of these documents are in DRAFT form and are open for comment.