Have your ever thought your County Agent or a State Specialist deserved a special thank you for doing a GREAT job but you didn’t have any way to provide that recognition?
YOU DO NOW – Nominate them for the GFVGA Excellence in Extension Award!
Click here for the application.
In 1998 the Georgia Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association established an award program to recognize and express appreciation to UGA Cooperative Extension Service personnel who are important to our operations. In 2006, this award was renamed to honor Donnie H. Morris, a man who led the fruit and vegetable industry and credited Extension for his success. Please take a moment to the complete the nomination form enclosed and submit the name of a person you feel is deserving of this award.
Each winner of the Donnie H. Morris Award of Excellence in Extension will receive $500 cash and will be recognized at the up coming SE Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference.
- 1998 – Tim Flanders, Grady Co.
- 1999 – Tim Lawson, Sumter Co.
- 2000 – Larry Corbett, Echols Co.
- 2001 – Glenn Beard, Colquitt Co.
- 2002- Ken Lewis, Crisp Co.
- 2003 – Stanley Culpepper, Tift Co.
- 2004 – James Clark, Appling Co.
- 2005 – Keith Rucker, Tift Co.
- 2006 – David Langston, UGA
- 2007 – Reid Torrance, Tattnall Co.
- 2008 – Paul Sumner
- 2009 – Brian Tankersley, Tift Co.
- 2010 – Alton ‘Stormy’ Sparks – UGA
- 2011 – Danny Stanaland, Bacon Co.
- 2012 – Elvin Andrews, Lanier Co.
- 2013 – Cliff Riner, Toombs Co.
- 2014 – Phil Brannen, UGA
- 2015 - Jeff Cook, Taylor & Peach Co.
- 2016 - Stephanie Hollifield, Brooks Co.
Nominations must be made by a GFVGA ‘grower’ member. Please take a moment and submit your nomination for this special award.
Nominations may be:
Faxed to 706.883.8215
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mailed to GFVGA, Attn: Katie Oxford PO Box 2945, LaGrange, Georgia 30241