Now Accepting Application for 2018 Golden Radish Award
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 Golden Radish Award, Georgia’s premier farm to school award. Presented by Georgia’s Departments of Education, Agriculture, and Public Health, University of Georgia Cooperative Extension, and Georgia Organics, the Golden Radish Award is given to school districts and Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) who are doing extraordinary work in farm to school. Awards will be given at the Georgia Railroad Freight Depot on Oct. 22, 2018.
Is your district planning to apply? Ask your school nutrition director, curriculum coordinator, and superintendent if they are planning to apply for the Golden Radish and share this information with them:
· Applications are due on June 29, 2018.
· Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorary Radishes will be awarded to recognize school districts/LEAs with varying levels of farm to school programs. In addition, the Outstanding Award will recognize the district/LEA with an outstanding farm to school program in 2017-18.
· The online award application is user friendly and has save and return capability.
· Educators and staff in Golden Radish Award districts are eligible for reduced price farm to school professional development and training opportunities throughout 2017-18.
· Application details, award criteria, and examples of programs and activities that meet the criteria requirements are available at https://georgiaorganics.org/for-schools/goldenradish.
· Learn more about the 75 school districts across Georgia that were awarded Golden Radish Awards last year: https://georgiaorganics.org/2017/10/75-georgia-school-districts-win-golden-radish-awards-farm-school-accomplishments/
· Questions? Contact Kimberly Della Donna at email@example.com or 404-481-5014.